2. Vedic Age: socio-economic life; development of caste; position of women.
3. Religion: Vedic religion; impact of Buddhism and Jainism on the region.
6.Society and Culture c. 1500A.D: socio-economic life under the Lodhis; religious beliefs and practices- Vaisnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, Islam.
8. Transformation of Sikhism: martyrdom of Guru Arjan; martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur; impact.
9. Institution of Khalsa: new baptism; significance
11. Society and Culture under Maharaja Ranjit Singh: social mobility; painting and architecture; literature.
12. MAP: Major Historical Places: Harappa, Mohenjodaro, Sanghol, Ropar, Lahore, Amritsar, Kiratpur, Anandpur Sahib, Tarn Taran, Machhiwara, Goindwal, Khadur Sahib.