1. Harappan Civilization: extent and town planning; socio-economic life.
2. Vedic Age: socio-economic life; development of caste; position of women.
3. Religion: Vedic religion; impact of Buddhism and Jainism on the region.
4. Society and Culture c. 1000 A.D.: Socio-economic life; religious life; education 5. Cultural Reorientation: main features of Bhakti; origin and development of Sufism
6.Society and Culture c. 1500A.D: socio-economic life under the Lodhis; religious beliefs and practices- Vaisnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, Islam.
7. Sikhism: New ideology of Guru Nanak; evolution of Sikh community guruship,manji,Masand; new institutions-gurdwara, Sangat-Pangat.
8. Transformation of Sikhism: martyrdom of Guru Arjan; martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur; impact.
9. Institution of Khalsa: new baptism; significance