- Steps in development of a program, Flow Charts, Algorithm Development, Program Debugging, Compilation and Execution. Overview of C: History of C, Importance of C, Structure of a C Program.
- Elements of C: character set, identifiers and keywords, Data types, Constants and Variables, Assignment statement, Symbolic constant. Input/output: Unformatted & formatted I/O function in C, Input functions: scanf(), getch(),getche(), getchar(), gets(); output functions: printf(), putch(), putchar(), puts().
- Arithmetic, relational, logical, bitwise, unary, assignment, conditional operators and special operators. Arithmetic expressions, evaluation of arithmetic expression, type casting and conversion, operator hierarchy & associativity.
- Decision making & branching: Decision making with IF statement, IF-ELSE statement, Nested IF statement, ELSE-IF ladder, switch statement, goto statement.
- Decision making & looping: For, while, and do-while loop, jumps in loops, break, continue. Functions: Introduction to Functions, Function Declaration, Function Categories, Standard Functions, Parameters Passing, Call – by value/reference, Recursion, Global and Local Variables, Storage classes.
- Introduction to Arrays, Array Declaration, Single and Multidimensional Array, Memory Representation. Structure and Union: Declaration of structure, Accessing structure members, Structure Initialization, Arrays of structure, nested structures, Unions. (No. of Periods : 15)
- Introduction of string, declaring and initializing string variables, reading and writing strings, string handling functions. Pointers: Introduction to Pointers, Address operator and pointers, Declaring and Initializing pointers, Assignment through pointers, Pointers and Arrays.
- Files: Introduction, Creating a data file, opening and closing a data file, processing a data file.