Max. Marks : 50
Theory : 45
Internal Assessment : 05
Time : 3 Hours
Objectives: To introduce the students to the history of Punjab region in modern times.
Pedagogy: Lectures, library work and discussions.
1. Introduction of Colonial Rule: administrative changes; means of communication; western education.
2. Agrarian Development: Commercialization of agriculture; canalization and colonization.
3. Social Classes: agrarian groups; new middle classes.
4. Early Socio Religious Reform: Christian Missionaries; Namdharis; Nirankaris.
5. Socio Religious Reform Movements: activities of Arya Samaj; Singh sabhas; Ahmadiyas.
6. Development of Press & literature: growth of press; development in literature
7. Emergence Of Political Consciousness: Agrarian uprising 1907; Ghadar.
8. Gurudwara Reform Movement: Jallianwala Bagh; foundation of SGPC and Akali Dal; Morchas.
9. Struggle for Freedom: activitie…